- Interview by: Mike Wood
- Interviewee: Mat Ricardo
- Original Recording Date: September 11, 2012
- Date: Aired: November 1, 2012
- Location: Shoreditch House, London
- Music used in this Podcast:
- Robert’s Intro: “Pendulum” Royalty Free Jingle available in Apple Computers’ GarageBand.
- “Side by Side” as played by Hokum W Jeebs on his Piano ala Cart CD.
- “The Entertainer” as played by Hokum W Jeebs on his Piano ala Cart CD.
- Mixed and edited by: David Aiken for the Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: Mat Ricardo is the very definition of a Gentleman Juggler. Starting out as a street performer at Covent Garden in the late 80s, Mat is now a fixture on London’s flourishing Cabaret Scene. He is the producer and host of Mat Ricardo’s London Varieties (which has its own fantastic podcast)
Mike and Mat sat down for a couple drinks at Shoreditch House in London and got their natter on. What didn’t make it to the recording is how much food they ate afterward, and how many miles Mat jogged the following week in an effort to work off his caramel parfait.
Check out Mat’s photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matricardo/sets/
As mentioned in the Podcast, we’ve set up a number for people to call and share a memory they have about Robert Nelson for a tribute episode that we’re hoping to put together before the end of the year. The number to call is:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Loved this Episode. I’d heard of Mat for years, had admired his photography since forever and wondered who this guy was and what made him tick. This conversation with Mike Wood answered so many questions I had and also pointed me towards Mat’s excellent podcast. Well worth checking out!