This Episode proudly sponsored by:
This episode is proudly sponsored by Dolphin Creative – a company who is proud to support street theatre and all of the incredible characters who make up this world. Where ever you perform: Dolphin Creative salutes you! For more information please visit DolphinCreative.org – Huge thanks to Stuart and his team for sponsoring this episode and two more to come!
- Interview by: Nick Nickolas
- Interviewee: Tim Eric
- Original Recording Date: August 14, 2013
- Date: Aired: February 15, 2016
- Location: Recorded via Skype while Nick was in Australia and Tim was in Michigan
- Intro: “Buddy” Royalty Free Jingle available in Apple Computers’ GarageBand.
- Opening Music: “Look at ME” by: .357 Lover as found on ‘The Purchase of the North Pole’ recording.
- Closing Music: “Thank You” by: .357 Lover as played on ‘Diorama of the Golden Lion’ recording.
- Mixed and edited by: Magic Brian and David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: What is it that makes a person who they are? Is it genetics? Is it environment? Is it experience? Or, is it the combination of all of these? Tim Eric’s diverse experience lead him to find a life as a street performer and it was as a result of these prior experiences that he became one of the most intense escape artists on the street.
Beyond just collecting a good hat and delivering a good show Tim’s bigger purpose was to demonstrate to his audiences that no matter what the obstacle, or obstruction in your life, with determination, dedication and perseverance, you can overcome anything.
Nick Nickolas connected with Tim Eric to discuss a four and a half decade career in which authentic escapes lead to some incredible adventures, some amazing opportunities, and some unbelievable outcomes.
Bonus Images from The Tim Eric Archives:
Tim Eric performing his escape on Hollywood Boulevard.
Tim Eric with members of the Busking Family in Central Park, NYC, USA.
- William Lee (wearing red and holding the single white juggling club at the centre of the image helped name some of the folks in the shot:
- Black guy front row Keith Wilson
- Will Shaw second row holding juggling clubs
- Holding whip, prop builder Brian Dubé
Tim Eric escaping while Frank Simon Balanced him on his face..
Visit Tim Eric’s website at http://TimEric.com or Find Tim Eric on Facebook
Finally, a video from YouTube showing 4 of Tim Eric’s Escapes:
And thanks again to: Dolphin Creative for sponsoring this episode!
Find out more about Sponsoring this Podcast by emailing cbg@BuskerHallofFame.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download