- Interview by: Robert Nelson – The Butterfly Man
- Interviewee: Rob Torres
- Original Recording Dates: January 12 & 29, 2012
- Date: Aired: March 14, 2012
- Location: Recorded via Skype between Robert: Pahoa, Hawaii, USA • Rob: Hillsdale, New Jersey, USA and the Estudio Busqueda de Pantomima in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Music used in this Podcast:
- Robert’s Intro: “Pendulum” Royalty Free Jingle available in Apple Computers’ GarageBand.
- Additional Music: Additional Music: “The Entertainer” & “When You’re Smiling” as played by Hokum W Jeebs on his Piano ala Cart CD.
- Mixed and edited by: David Aiken for the Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: Rob Torres got his start as a performer acting on Sesame Street when he was a kid. After clown college he got a gig with Clyde Beatty-Cole Brothers Circus and toured for three years before ever considering what possibilities might exist for him as a street performer and as a result he came at it with a much different set of tools than many do. Rob’s diversity of experience has allowed him to recognize the importance of character, of narrative and of relationship better than most as you’ll hear in this week’s episode.