- Interview by: Nick Nickolas
- Interviewee: Mister Spin
- Original Recording Date: July 28, 2016
- Date: Aired: May 15, 2018
- Location: Recorded at the North Battleford Street Performer’s Festival.
- Intro: “Buddy” Royalty Free Jingle available in Apple Computers’ GarageBand.
- Opening Music: “Look at ME” by: .357 Lover as found on ‘The Purchase of the North Pole’ recording.
- Closing Music: “Thank You” by: .357 Lover as played on ‘Diorama of the Golden Lion’ recording.
- Mixed and edited by: Magic Brian & David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: To get good at anything, you need to practice and if you’ve been taught how to train properly, then you bring this work aesthetic to anything you do moving forward. For Nigel Martin, training in the world of classical ballet provided the discipline and a fascination with juggling provided the spring board to a performance career that has taken him around the globe leaving a trail of fans in his wake.
We first hear from Mr. Spin back in Episode 59 of the podcast when Magic Brian sat down with Nigel and his partner Louise Clarke to discuss both their solo careers and the work they’ve done producing the Adelaide Street Performer’s Festival, but Nick Nickolas wanted to dig a little deeper into how Nigel became Mister Spin making a valiant attempt to uncover new information that had not been revealed during the first interview.
More than anything though, what you hear in this conversation is two friends enjoying some down time between shows at the North Battleford Street Performer’s Festival -shooting the shit and talking shop over a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download