- Interview by: Mike Wood
- Interviewee: Pete Sweet
- Original Recording Date: September 12, 2012
- Date: Aired: February 15, 2014
- Location: Mike Wood’s apartment in London, England
- Intro: “Vino” Royalty Free Jingle available in Apple Computers’ GarageBand.
- Other Music: “Cascade” by Tim Sars as played by The Carnival Band
- Mixed and edited by: Greg Frisbee and David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: “Weaponized Hepatitis.” Hearing that one expression in reaction to this story by Pete Sweet makes this episode priceless. There are many unforeseen and hard to understand or anticipate obstacles when one chooses to perform on the street, and Pete’s description of an infamous homeless man who was at the root of various confrontations with performers in San Francisco is both hilarious and disturbing. We give you Shitman!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I remember watching the Carol Burnett Show when I was a kid and so thoroughly enjoying watching Harvey Korman and Tim Conway cracking each other up. Those moments when they were supposed to keep a straight face but made each other laugh were priceless…
Listening to Mike and Pete cracking each other up in this short story reminded me of that a bit and made me laugh a lot as I listened and re-listend to this story during the editing/polishing process. Thank you gentlemen!