This Episode proudly sponsored by:
This episode is proudly sponsored by Dolphin Creative – a company who is proud to support street theatre and all of the incredible characters who make up this world. Where ever you perform: Dolphin Creative salutes you! For more information please visit DolphinCreative.org – Huge thanks to Stuart and his team for sponsoring this episode and two more to come!
- Interview by: David Aiken
- Interviewee: Dave Evans – The Great Dave
- Original Recording Date: March 23, 2017
- Date: Aired: March 15, 2018
- Location: Recorded at the Ibis Hotel near Emerates Mall, Dubai in David Evan’s room during the Dubai Marina Street Performers Festival
- Notes about the Image: This image is a composite created by Magic Brian from images found on the internet.
- Mixed and edited by: Magic Brian and David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: There’s something to be said for throwing one’s self at life with a certain reckless abandon. Surround yourself with fellow street performers and the stakes for that sort of monkey business quickly escalate to a fever pitch often with little regard for any potential consequences – after all, we’re street performers, we’re invincible.
But what happens when something does go wrong? First of all you need to deal with the immediate reality in front of you, then the long term repercussions that surface once you fully understand to consequences of your actions. Thankfully the street performer community both recognizes the value of high spirited shenanigans but also looks after it’s own should something go wrong.
David Aiken sat down with Dave Evans at the 2017 Dubai Marina Mall Street Performer’s Festival to record the story of how a Naked Forward Dive Roll competition went horribly, horribly wrong and how the community came to his aid in his time of need.
And thanks again to: Dolphin Creative for sponsoring this episode!
Find out more about sponsoring this podcast by emailing cbg@BuskerHallofFame.com